- Friday July 11th
- Lindsay Golf and Country club
- Cost is 125.00 per golfer/ 500 per team(foursome)
- Scramble format
- 1:00pm tee off shotgun start
- Lunch provided from 12 noon on
- Free driving range from 11:00am
- Dinner to follow @ golf course
- Full prize table, there will be something for everyone
- Great raffles
- Putting contest
More information about where the proceeds go, and Sponsorship opportunities here.
As a member of LRFC you have already signed a code of conduct agreement when you joined. You will also note that the club has posted the code around the grounds, you are given a copy of them upon arrival at the car park and there is a club representative at all home days for all teams. There is a process in place to ensure that all matches are played within the laws of rugby and that our teams are not penalized for spectator behavior. This is a very hot topic with referees from last season and it is clear from the message below that it is already an issue this season.
Please, we ask that all attending the club this season help the club reps have incident free days and ensure that the atmosphere at all games is one of friendly competition and enjoyment of our great game and that it not marred by behavior issues either on the pitch or from the sidelines.
Thank you for your attention to this. Here is a link to the 2014 Game Regulations from Toronto Rugby.
No team came out winners from Lindsay yesterday. Pagans had their way with all three teams. Mens 1 was a tight matchup, and was going either way. Lindsay did seem to have the run of things, offloading and then scoring well, the errors slipped in at crucial moments and three Pagan tries were as a result of interceptions in the hand off. Second half not as crisp as the first half, first warm day and not all match fit was beginning to add up. Continue reading
One of the bigger parties of the summer is happening right here in the backyard of Lindsay. The club is hosting a massive country video dance on the practice pitch. The dance includes video projectors, refreshments, a shuttle bus from downtown to the club and from the club back to downtown, running all night. A massive dancing area with tons of music and much more! If you are around Lindsay or even out of town, you don’t want to miss one of the biggest parties in the Kawartha Lakes this summer!
Obviously going with a country cowboy/girl theme so get out all your country gear and come on down for an absolute Banger!
Come to the senior teams home games in theme for the day, best girl and best boy outfit between 12 noon and 7 pm will receive $50 each. There will be a mystery judge in the crowd at the club, Dance will start at dusk after the home games, till 1pm Tickets only available from any member of the senior Lindsay teams for the evening dance, Come to the club Tuesday or Thursday evening to find them, or contact them on Facebook $10 a ticket!! The evening is age of majority.
We’d like to thank all the volunteers that made our tribute to Vince Jones so memorable.
Volunteer Name and Area of Expertise
- Andrew Davis - Game and sound
- J Rock – Water /team support
- John Carr – Pitch lining/bar logistics
- Glenn Smallwood – Club Representative
- Cody Duda – Grounds
- Ross Wallin – Alumni co ordination
- Nick Legate, Barbara Ann McEachern – Photography
- Emma Legate, Bernadette Huron – 50 : 50
- Russ Wykes, Brad Steward, India Pearson, Anne Espiritu – Bar
- AGUAV - Aerial Photography
- Kevin Breese, Ed Holton, Bruce Kidd – Peterborough Pagans
Johnny Watkins, Scott Goff, Chris Mckee – Oshawa Vikings
Alison Westrop, Dennis Newman – Lindsay Gryphons
- Cathy Coulter, Wade Coulter, Byron ,Mac, Glenn, Smallwood, Nevin, Tyler Marshall, Drew Vahey Brittany Watson, and Friends – Parking
- Tristan Huron, Joey Beasley – Game Auxiliary
- Chris Silverthorn, Steve Lamb, Brett Beukeboom, Aaron Stinchcomb; Trevor Kidd -Coaches Blake Barry Physio
- Lynda Hamilton, Glenn and Susan Smallwood, Stacey Wiltshire, Melissa McCausland, Jeff Francis, Janet McLean, Sara Beukeboom, Jessica Jeffrey, Andrea Keenan, Melissa Johnston, Cherie Knox – Desserts
- Dana Whiteford, Stacey Wiltshire, Ozzie Polito, Amanda Pascoe, Marnie Lamb, Jessica Jeffrey, Bernadette Huron, Jen Nicholson, Cathy Coulter – Salads
Cathy Coulter and family – Bread
Sandy Melissa and Ted Spearing – Daffodils, potatoes
- All who came to watch – supporters
- All who joined in the picture – everyone
- All who did or do play rugby
- All who remember Vince
Vince Jones Barbarian President’s XV | May 16, 2014 | Greenway Park , Lindsay ON
If you played rugby with Lindsay, and are now 35+ come to the club on Friday and have a visit with some of your old team mates! They are “practising” Friday evening at the club and they need help with the social afterwards! Sunday I pm they are playing their first match as Grumblers” against Cobourg, again come and visit with a few of your old team mates, or just come out and support them. The club is delighted at this new team emerging, many thanks to Greg Buckley and John Carr for organizing,
If you have an interest in playing for the team , come and register on Friday evening with John in the club house.
That was the word, V.J.”s XV was going to be a true Barbarian side and play Festival Rugby! Both teams agreed to the stakes, and a very knowledgeable crowd were treated to a real flowing, fast, hard, clean and highly enjoyable romp. The only thing that was soggy was the ground, other wise both sides were crisp, focused and put on a show for a good crowd at Greenway Park. Continue reading
Top young male and female rugby sevens players from Ontario’s four branch unions will be showcased at August’s Ontario Summer Games, hosted by Windsor, Ontario.
Click here to read the whole press release.