The following is an overview from our President Rob Brouwer regarding the Annual General Meeting and the upcoming season.
I would just like to thank everyone that attended the AGM this year. Last year was an exciting time to be part of the Lindsay Rugby Club and the 2016 season looks to be even more enticing.
On the rugby front we will be running the following teams: house league flag rugby, u8/u10 flag, u12 modified tackle, u14 boys, u16 girls, u16 boys, u18 girls, u 18 boys, women, men(two teams), and last but not least the over 35 men’s team.
Lindsay continues to be a rugby factory and is providing many a players to the university and college sides around the province, the provincial team, as well as the national team. This year we are expecting two summer touring sides to be coming in-one from Wales, and for the first time ever, a women’s touring side from Ireland.
The executive board this year consists of:
- President-Rob Brouwer
- Vice President– Brett Moxley
- Treasurer– Dennis Newman and Kyley Stevenson
- Registrar– Steph McDonald
- Secretary– Cathy Coulter
- Social Director-Luke Gledhill and Josh Henley
- Director of Communications– Greg Buckley
- Maintenance-Dwight Gerow
- Bingo-Sherman Gowan.
- Other board members: Tom Jeffrey (youth rugby), Paul Steffler (house league flag rugby), Bruce Beukeboom (sponsorships), Derek Loveys (youth rugby), Richard Knox (equipment), Amanda Rutt (women’s rep), and Steve Lamb.
As a club we always are looking for input from our members and encourage everyone to get involved as much as they can.
Practice times will be up to the coaches and game times are set by Rugby Ontario.
- Women’s and Men’s teams play most games on Saturdays at 12:00, 1:30, and 3:00.
- U18 teams (boys and girls) play on Wednesday nights.
- U16 boys play on Sat mornings at 10:30
- U16 girls play on Wed evenings
- U14 boys play on Sat mornings at 9:30
- U8/10/12 play on designated tournament days.
Any issues or questions please email: email@example.com
Looking forward to a great season!