The successful candidate will report to the President of the Lindsay Rugby
Football Club. They will be responsible for recruitment, selection, and preparation
for the upcoming 2018 season. The ideal candidate will provide leadership and
vision to ensure his/her team is at the leading edge of player development and
will be dedicated to meeting minimum coaching standards.
The Coach’s duties involve:
- Plan and implement player selections, practices, training, development,
and preparation for games and competitions that allow for all members/
athletes to have an opportunity to train.
- Effective co-ordination and communication of game preparation and
implementation to member/athletes.
- Knowledge and understanding of game adjustments and facilitating
them during competition.
- Work collaboratively with the junior coaches and the LRFC executive to
develop, refine and execute a team plan that maximizes player
- Media interaction where necessary.
- Develop and administer areas of responsibility, i.e. communicate areas
of responsibility for team captain and other team leaders (including pre
and post practice and game setup).
- Adhere to the LRFC’s and Rugby Ontario’s Code of Conduct.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical and tactical expertise and teaching ability
- Ability to select quality rugby players that have the skill to be successful
at the club level
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Flexibility to travel
- Supervisory skills with delegation of areas of responsibility
- Team building and group dynamics skills
- Decisive and proactive
- Ability to identify necessary needed improvements and make strategic
adjustments during game situation
- Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers within the rugby
- Experienced in measuring outcomes and implementing player
- Ability to remain composed in difficult situations
- Dispute resolution and conflict management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
The candidate for this position should hold the following accreditation:
- Currently Registered with Rugby Ontario and LRFC
- Completed Police Record Check
- Completed Rugby Ready and World Rugby Concussion Module
- Certified Level 1 or 2 Rugby Coach
- A minimum of 3 years of coaching experience
Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills are critical for success in this
role involving interaction with players, other coaches and managers, LRFC
executives, volunteers and the general public. Team building and conflict
resolution skills are essential.
To apply for this position, please submit an updated resume to Greg Buckley at