The main role of the summer student will be to assist the Club President with the day to day operation of the club, which may include:
- assisting with the development and daily operation of summer rugby programs
- working with bar manager, kitchen manager and volunteers to help coordinate events including home matches, social events and rentals
- assist VP of Game in coordinating home matches
- assisting Director of Communications to ensure social media and website are current
- assisting with the coordination of mini rugby tournament
- assisting with purchasing of cleaning and maintenance supplies
- possible grounds work, including seeding and care of pitches
- other duties as may be assigned by Club President
The student will need to provide own transportation to the Lindsay Rugby Club, 67 Vince Jones Rd.
The Lindsay Rugby Club typically operates 7 days a week from May until October. Most activity at the club occurs weekday evenings and all day Saturday, and occasional Sunday.
The student position will be 30 hours per week for a 7 week time period. $11.40 per hour. Specific works hours will be negotiated.
Starting Date: June 26 or July 3, 2017
To be eligible, students must meet ALL criteria:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: June 16, 2017